Welcome to the Prairie Schooler SAL blog. This is a blog to celebrate our stitching of the wonderful designs from the lovely ladies of Prairie Schooler. Pamela and Nancy are retiring to take a well deserved break after 32 years of giving us cross stitchers the most wonderful designs and so much pleasure. The rules of the blog are simple: post a progress pic or a finish whenever you like, as long as it is a Prairie Schooler Design.
Saturday, 5 March 2016
I love the design of these small birds.
I finished it for pin keeps.
Well, I am quite early, for me, in posting this month - Yay! At the end of last month I was scrabbling for what to stitch for March's theme for the Christmas Ornie SAL - Santa and/or one or some of his helpers, when I turned to my old faithful, Prairie Schooler, and found Book #63 Christmas Samplers
And then my eye was caught by the middle sampler, "The Night before Christmas" and then I saw Santa on his sleigh with three of his reindeers and Bingo! There was my March choice.
I went to my stash and found some great Crafty Kitten overdyed 32 ct blue linen and two days later I was finished! Woo Hoo!
(It is much bluer than this - if I get a chance to take a better pic later, I will!)
This piece, of course, also counts for for DUCJFC2016.
Can't wait to see what everyone else stitches this month.
I started this last fall but put it down when I started stitching Christmas things. That Indian corn was a little fiddly. ;-) I have visions of "finishing" this in a wreath similar to what Priscilla did. She's such an inspiration!
I think I am hooked!! My latest finish is another Prairie Schooler design... "Winter's Eve". I stitched this as my Feb ornie for the JCS SAL on FB.
"Winter's Eve" - The Prairie Schooler Just Cross Stitch Christnas 2015
I stitched this design on a piece of Navy 14ct Aida.... I haven't stitched on Aida for so long so it was quite nice to do so for a change!
The eagled eyed amongst you may notice a mistake or two... and a change in colour! The bunny and smoke are supposed to be DMC3022 but as I didn't have that in my stash I changed both out. I think I should have used a darker brown for the bunny as he blends a bit in the snow!
The main boo-boo was just a bit too major to frog everything so I have left it.... for some reason the house is out and of course that put everything else out!! I stitched the border counting from the roof and then when it came to doing the trees I discovered my error! Oops.... never mind I think it still looks ok with the tree tops right up to the top of the border! :o)